Monday, November 3, 2008

Toy Genius...Not so much

I have a quick story I have to share. Dale and I were convinced we were witnessing a very Significant Toy Playing First this weekend. Lily seemed to be playing with her Barbie dolls. We were astounded. What a milestone! Our sweet baby girl playing with Barbies (jabbering, chattering, pretending). We were almost moved to tears when Lily walked by us, put the Barbie to her ear and pretended to jabber into her doll like the BARBIE WAS A PHONE. She wasn’t playing with the Barbies at all. They were a phone to her. What????? We had to laugh. So close and yet….so far.

1 comment:

Krisha Brooks said...

I can just see her doing that. And, I can also see your anticipation and excitement at her playing so sweetly with her Barbie doll...only to be laughing a moment later that it's really just a phone to her. :) Love it!