Friday, October 1, 2010

Orange You Glad the Bed is Made?

I do my best to consider things from all angles. I am always on the lookout to make things more efficient and/or better. Perhaps My Way isn’t the best way. However, I have decided I shall never "give" on these two quirks.

Making the Bed

Me: The bed should be made. Period. If the bed is un-made, I feel the entire house is in disarray. I tuck in the sheets at the foot of the bed, between the mattress and the box springs, and that is where they should stay: tucked in. I blame my Bed Nazi dad for this as he bestowed upon me the love for a military-inspired, crisply made, bed. I love getting into bed with all the covers in order, no tangles, no wrinkles. Ahh...that is sleeping paradise!

Here's a good visual of a well made bed:


Hubby: Bed = sleeping bag. He prefers to have all covers tucked immediately below his feet. What?! But this negates the Tucked In anchor?! Sheets become crazy! All is lost!! Ok- maybe not that bad but I just. cant. do. the Bed = Sleeping Bag thing.

Here's an image of the hubby's preferred bedding. I found this particular picture funny so I had to use this one. It's an emergency sleeping bag! The guy looks dorky which gives me validation for my Tucked In Sheets rule. :-)



In the end, we compromise. Hubby's half of the bed = a sleeping bag. My half is nice and neatly tucked in. Both happy; win win.


Eating Oranges

Me: Peel the orange, remove all extra matter, and separate all the cute little orange sections. Visually, this:



Beautiful, isn’t it?

Hubby: Grab a knife, slice through entire orange and eat the middle out. Visually, this:



It makes my brain hurt to think of eating an orange in this way. Where are the cute little sections o' orange? As natured intended it to be separated?? Though, I will admit: Dale talked me into trying it his way (he did the cutting). I tried it. It was different. But in the end, I like my way best. So there you have it. Orange you glad you made the bed? :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny, Jason and I have similar "battles". But no one would want to be with someone just like themself right?!?!

Krisha Brooks said...

This was hilarous!! Barry and I have similar issues with the bed. I agree, an unmade bed makes the whole house seem cluttered! :)