Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Winning Photos at the Yamboree 2013 (aka Smugaree 2013)

Hi. Remember me? I know we haven't spoken in a while. Things have been crazy. The pace of life has increased a bit: 2 kids now, one in school, one a busy little spider monkey. It is good to see you too.

In a poorly executed attempt to keep my blog up and running, here are a few pics from (insert echo voice) ~~~~2013~~~~ (/end echo voice).  It's a far cry from bringing the blog fully up to date but eh: it's a partial attempt. And partial attempts are my specialty! (Case in point, I rarely sign my name these days, it's all initials. See? Partial.)

I submitted a few pics into the Yamboree this year. I actually won. Like Oh My Gosh I Will Annoy Everyone with my Smugness winning. But before we get to that...let me recap.

2nd place in Portrait/Human Interest was this guy. Jonah strolling through out-of-service sprinkler park rings at a water park. Cool, artsy. iPhone pic.  I know, the Canon SLR ain't happy 'bout that.




1st place in Portrait/Human Interest was my Lily girl. Also- this was Best in Show (not a dog, turns out). Best in Show is the bestest ever EVAR. Of all time. In all the universe. Incidentally- also an iPhone pic. In all honestly- it was sheer luck that got me this photo. 


That's it for now! Hopefully...more to come. Well, at least partially.-LCS

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Great shots! See, I'm still reading! I love both of them - I caught a window reflection picture of one my kids with a cell phone once and it's one of my favs too. Sad that the SLR doesn't *always* get the best ones. Eh, luck helps too, at least for me.
Keep up the blogging :-)