Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lily Doins 09-23-09

Here's the last set of Lily Doins!

WHAT?!: When in doubt, use the word "WHAT?!". It applies, even if ever-so-slightly rude, to most situations (as Lily has discovered). "Where's your shoe?" Lily: "WHAT?!", "Lets go to the store." Lily:"WHAT?!" See- works in almost all scenarios.

Has-Cups: aka Hiccups; I remember when, what seemed like yesterday, a little Lily in my tummy constantly had hiccups. Hearing her description of them is even more sweet.

Igg-Tails: aka Pigtails

Laya MO-er: aka Lawn Mower

Lily Roof: or Lily Ruth. Also- everything in creation has the middle name Roof (Maxy Roof, John Roof, Audrey Roof...). It does have a nice ring.

Bumpies: what happens to your fingers when left submerged in water too long (also known as pruny or raisin fingers to some).

Counting Limits: Lately- Lily counts into the TEENS. It sounds like: ur-teen, mo-teen, fi-teen, teen, mm-teen, nn-teen.

Peeeza: aka Pizza. It has been a meal-time staple at our house lately. What can I say- we get a hankerin' and eat it nonstop until we are SICK of it, aka Guacamole. Though, ever getting sick of Luigi's pizza truly sounds UnAmerican (and simply impossible). Well...at least right now.

Hey wheatie: A good example of the little parrot our toddler has become. She will attempt to pronounce most anything. I said, "Hey sweetie" to Dale recently and heard, "Hey Wheatie!" all day. It's another phrase I hope she never learns correctly.

Poopies: aka...you know what I mean. They vary in size too which Lily so happily announces via play-by-play commentary. I'll spare you the specifics!

Tewt: aka Toot. Its a favorite worth mentioning again. I'm guessing I already mentioned it but why research it, eh? Know thyself, right? It always makes me laugh no matter the circumstance. Now, my precious little girl snickers when she tewts. I am so proud.

Silly: Lily often informs me, "Mommy silly" or "Daddy silly." I am actually quite proud of that, too. Hey- it could be worse, right? WHAT?!

That's all I have for now. The List of Lily Doins is constantly growing with our little Parrot. I hope to have an update soon!

2 comments:

Krisha Brooks said...

Love the list! The "hey wheatie" thing made me laugh so hard...that's so cute!! Just this morning I said "bye baby" to Barry and John happily repeated that...love it! I really need to do a vocab update on John...I think the last one was 6 months ago! He's made a few improvements since then. :)

Unknown said...

Love the wheatie graphic! It would make a great scrapbook page. I'm just sayin...Cole called pigtails, PINKtails for a while. Audrey adds baby to a lot. I'd say Hey Baby and she'd say Hey Baby Mama, or Hey Baby Daddy. That always cracks us up.