Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Crazy? Who's Crazy?

I admit, I have moments where I think "wait, does that make me Crazy"? My hope is the Insane have no concept of their own sanity thus, by default, I'm in the clear. But for the purpose of emptying my head of more random goofyness and hopefully securing my sanity even more, here's my list of things that I think could make me Crazy...

1. I don’t like peanut butter. Peanuts? Sure. Butter, even? Absolutely. But combine the two and count me out. Perhaps it is more UnAmerican than Crazy as I have been told that a time or two (or twelve).

2. Whilst indoors, I get a chill when it rains outside. I don’t have to see or even hear it raining. It’s like my body just KNOWS. Don’t think I haven’t realized that this is how bad-knee-weather-forecasting old people start off. Either that or I have a very odd and pointless Mutant Power. (You know, maybe I should lay off all the Heroes watchin’.)

3. I sometimes get frustrated with inanimate objects. I usually end up exploding with ‘WHAT???’ or ‘OKAY, FINE!’ if something like a drawer is stuck or hangers are tangled together.

4. My flashlight is also a phone. Sure – cell phones do a myriad of things these days like takes pictures and video, surf the internet, and easily play a thousand songs on a whim. But it is, without a doubt, the flash light feature that I love the most-est.

5. Should we have another child later on down the line, and it is a boy, I have seriously considered naming him Max, after our dog. I just love our dog to pieces. So, why not? I’ve also considered “Charlie Max” which is, of course, another dog’s name. And that is why God will bless us with all girls.

6. There is nothing funnier than a baby toot. No matter the circumstance, I can’t resist laughing. Granted this may not qualify as a Crazy sign but just one of Extreme Immaturity (oh man, an Immature List would be crazynuts long).

7. I can't do the toe-pinch thing. For the most part, my little piggies are useless besides offering some balance assistance. My husband practically has two more hands with the dexterity of his toes. I firmly believe that my toes, and my toes alone, could bring down the entire theory of evolution.

That's all I have so far. There are more, I am certain, but when so much is intertwined into my concept of "Normal", it takes me a while to sift out the Crazy. Stay Tuned!

7 comments:

Cindy said...

This post cracked me up! You are a little tee-ninesy on the crazy side, but that's why we love you!

Unknown said...

The flashlight feature sounds cool. I DO love peanut butter and have chosen to remain friends with you even though we disagree on that. Good thing you like soft cookies and brownies without nuts or we might just have to go our seperate ways ;-)

Krisha Brooks said...

Oh my goodness! I laughed so hard at these! The cell phone as a flash light is exactly what I do too...especially when I'm too lazy to turn on the difficult light switch when I'm making my way into the kitchen to grab something right before bedtime. :) Love the blog!! I have to figure out how you're doing the nifty features with the slideshow and stuff!

Lilypad Mom said...

Thanks for the comments! If my crazyness is, at the very least, entertaining: I'm okay with being crazy. haha!

True friends take the good and bad, right? (like crunchy fry preferences and aversions to straws in cans). :-)

For the slide thingy - I go to slide.com. I use their embed html code and take out a few things (they have buttons at the bottom I exclude).

Karla said...

I think it's funny how you are about getting poked on the head. To me - that is hilarioussss. :) Clint is the same with if someone thumps the hat's bill he is wearing. I think I've desinsitized him to that already. mu-hahaha. I can't stand for people to POP my toes. If I was a prisoner of war - the terrorists would only have to start popping my toes to get me to talk!

Ironman at Law said...

Ok, I have to chime in here (this is Barry) . . . None of those things make you crazy! I, on the other hand, (1) can't drink Starbucks unless the lid, sleeve, and cup are all lined up the "right" way ("Right" being defined by me, of course!); (2) never eat the last bite of a banana; and (3) absolutely MUST be in bed before the house alarm is set. Now THAT'S crazy!

Lilypad Mom said...

Ohhh yeah - another thing I didn't filter out as Crazy - the Head Bop thing. Wanna set me off? Bop me on the head. It stinks when I self inflict a head-hit, though (like when getting out of the car). There's noone to get mad with!!

That's funny Barry (and yes, very crazy). Wow. And I thought *I* was nutty. :-)