Sunday, October 12, 2008

Lilydoins 10-12-08

Here are some of Lily's latest Doins that have happened over the last two weeks...

1. "Yay" for outside: When we ask Lily if she'd like to go outside, instead of a "yes" or "no", she replies "YAY!!!!". It would seem that she likes the outdoors just a wee bit.

2. "Weewees": Aka, The Wiggles tv show. Lily not only asks for Bunnytown ("bop bop") but has added "wee wees" to the list. It has to be one of her cutest words; I ask her about The Wiggles at least a dozen times a day just so I can hear her say it. She'll even accompany "wee wees" with a Wiggles trademark hand motion. Kudos to The Wiggles marketing team. We've all been suckered in!

3. Thankyou: or "Too too" as Lily puts it. Lily has signed "Thank you" for a good while now but has recently added the vocal "too too" along with it as well.

4. Boo Boo: As Lily has mastered her walking and running technique, she has acquired quite a collection of bumps, bruises and scrapes to prove her right of passage. One day, I decided to point out a scrape and explained "boo boo". Lily spent the rest of the day pointing out other Boo Boos. It's another Cute Word favorite of ours.

5. The Ow! Game: Giving in to the inevitable genetic comedy makeup of my silly family, Lily loves slapstick. One of her favorite games is the Ow! Game. She'll smack herself on the head, yell "OW!" and laugh and laugh. As I cannot rise above my own gene pool, I found this hysterical until the Smacks became harder and she tried to involve Me in the Ow! Game (Mommy dont play dat). In all honesty, I still find it highly entertaining though Parenting does take precedent (dang it).

6. Fit O' Rage: Lily is one happy little girl. She has a sweet sweet demeanor and she does seem to have a touch of Tender-heartedness about her. Though on occassion, she will throw one heck of a Hissy. Recently, she was in a foul mood and my decision to change her diaper SET HER OFF. Yes, I'm a mean horrible mommy. She was kicking and screaming and whilst in mid fit o' rage, she bit HERSELF, specificially on the arm. I was shocked at first but then had to fight back a laugh as I could see the wide-eyed realization of pain on her face as soon as she made the bite. Granted, at that point, the yells of rage turned into yells of pain. Funny thing, though: she hasn't done that since.

7. "Moo": It's what the cow says. MENSA here we come!!

8. Frog tongue: Lily will stick her tongue in and out when prompted with "Frog".

9. Fans: Lily loves to point out the ceiling fans at home. She'll follow a point with a circular motion while saying "rr rrr rrr" (as the fan goes "around around and around"). I never knew fans could be so fun.

10. Little Einsteins: Lily can mimick a portion of the Lily Einsteins show. This will sound more brainy that it is but she knows the Blast Off Sequence. This includes patting her hands on her legs, raising her arms up and saying "Baaa ahhhh" (or "Blast off"). Seriously, how will we find the time to live our lives with Nasa and Mensa calling all the time?

To illustrate some of her vocabulary- I'll attempt to include a video below.


5 comments:

Krisha Brooks said...

I just love reading all the sweet words she says. How adorable! Since John is a few months behind her, it makes me excited to read about what Lily is doing since hopefully John will be close behind. I LOVED hearing her say everything on the video...too precious!

Karla said...

Well I created an account so I could leave comments. I probably won't use it though. Just thought I would let ya know.

Lilypad Mom said...

Riiggghtttt - that's what I said Karla! ;-) I'm glad you joined!

Cindy said...

Very adorable video - yep, call MENSA!

The Little Einsteins are STILL a hit in my house. I wonder if we'll ever outgrow that one. You are SO going to be required to go to a Wiggles show when they come to town!!

Unknown said...

Audrey really likes the Little Einsteins too and it's one of the more tolerable shows in my opinion. Audrey does something similiar, when we say something she wants instead of answering yes she claps her hands. I don't think I'd want to play the Ow! game either. I have to admit at first I read it as the Owl game and wondered where the connection was ;-)