Saturday, October 25, 2008

How to Provoke a Bunny Attack

Yes, only *I* can actually be attacked by a BUNNY. I think the odds rank second only to being mauled by a cotton ball. So I do feel a bit...loserish. We took Lily to a fall festival in town recently. This festival contained a petting zoo. Harmless enough - OR SO IT SEEMS. I find a cute little bunny that I know Lily will love. I then make the vital mistake of picking him up to take to Lily. He freaks out, jumps out of my hands and then uses my ARM as a launching pad (6 inches of cuts and punctures to prove it). I found out the scientific reason for this attack later, of course later: bunnies do not like dangly feet. However, I fully believe the true reasoning lies elsewhere.

You see, I think this attack was premeditated. I have surmised various things about bunnies that I now realize, they may not like. Dale and I discuss these things from time to time - mostly to laugh, be goofy and make up silly rules to annoy Lily with later. I believe these rules, three to be precise, have now come back to bite me (or scratch me).

Rule 1: A Bunny is nature's candy. We've had enough wild bunnies in our yard to know that everything eats bunnies: cats, dogs, birds, you name it. I think its safe to say that even bunnies eat bunnies.

Rule 2: What does the bunny say? Poop poop poop poop poop poop.

Rule 3: A modification of rule 2: What *else* does the bunny say? Vrrrroooom SPLAT (as we've lost count of the bunnies who have attempted to cross the road).

Premeditation doesn't sound so absurd after all! I'm not one to believe in Karma. But as I pieced myself together and limped away from the vicious bunny attack (okay - so I walked away and we kept petting animals...NOT bunnies) - it made me think twice about BUNNY Karma. So, consider yourself Bunny Karma Attack Warned. You can thank me later. :-)

5 comments:

Karla said...

Hahaha - bunny claws hurt - I know!

Cindy said...

This is hysterical Leah. Only you would be attacked by a BUNNY!!!!

Unknown said...

That picture is hillarious. It definitely caught me of guard this morning since I was expecting simply a cute picture of little Lily. Hopefully, it's early enough in the day that it won't cause nightmares. I'm sorry to hear about the attack but you're right, dangly feet and bunnies just don't mix!

Krisha Brooks said...

I am still laughing from when you first told me about the attack. Just putting the words "I was attached by a bunny" in the same sentence has humor of its own. :) Your list was hilarious! Love the blog!

Unknown said...

There was a petting zoo last night at our church fall festival and I thought of you. Because of your story, I knew not to pick up the bunny. So if sharing your story helps just one person avoid an attack then it's worth it right?!?! :)